You don’t have to be a SLRA member to participate as a volunteer. Volunteers are welcome to assist in environmental monitoring and stewardship activities, participate in meetings and events, and even serve on committees.
- Meet and work with people who care about the environment.
- Serve on a committee.
- Educate yourself and others.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and field trips.
- Practice your leadership and communication skills.
- Get involved in environmental monitoring.
- Encourage environmental stewardship.
- Improve an important river system.
- Make a difference!
River CleanUp – Annually each May
Great Lakes Aquarium September Adopt-a-Beach™ (formerly known as Minnesota Beach Sweep) – Annually each September
Serve on the Board of Directors.
The business of the organization is overseen by the board of directors who are elected by the membership. The board consist of 15 members, who serve three year terms.
New board members are sought in late fall. Anyone interested in serving on the board may request an application. The Nominating Committee interviews all potential board members and then recommends a slate to the membership. Members are sent ballots that are then counted and the results announced at the annual meeting.
Board meetings are held every other month and all board members also serve on at least one committee or work group.
Meet our current Board members.