St. Louis River Alliance Program Coordinator/Admin. Assistant
Application open September 4 or until filled. Apply early.
Program Coordinator/ Admin. Assistant
Support the executive director and organization with (software) technical skills, organizational skills, event planning, public events, communications, scheduling, grant tracking to ensure the office is cohesive and programs are successful.
20-25 Hrs per week (Monday-Friday plus occasional evenings and weekends for events)
Hourly Wages: 15.00-17.00
Reports to the Executive Director:
Assist with tasks such as mailings, organizing, event planning, spreadsheets, software & tech help, copies, arranging meetings, logging bills and payments, communications, proofreading, document tracking, customer service, create financial reports from quickbooks, payroll, etc, Social media and PR support.
Assist as directed with events, outreach, communications, logging memberships
Assist with reports and invoices for grants
Create tools for grant and task tracking to support programs
Support and contribute to development ideas for organization
- Ensure timely preparation of information and other written documents
- Monitor the progress of the programs to ensure timely delivery of tasks and reports
- Conduct systematic and incremental evaluation of programs
- Update the Executive Director on a regular basis about the progress of the programs
- Work in conjunction with Executive Director to prepare reports, financial and activities from programs.
- Possible Public speaking or events tabling
- Assist in Social media, marketing
Note: This description of duties and responsibilities is intended to indicate the kind of tasks required of the position. It does not limit or exclude other duties not mentioned here.
- 5+ years experience in similar setting, or nonprofit, or related job duties
- Experience in networking and working with diverse populations
- Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills in English, including report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent software and project management tools skills, database, spreadsheet skills ( MS Project, Quickbooks, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Must be self-directed & flexible to assist where needed (SLRA is a small nonprofit)
- Finance or Bookkeeping skills (using Quickbooks or similar)
- Possess understanding of appropriate work and constituent communications in order to provide a positive experience to members and the public.
- Background in environmental work, biology, teaching, event planning, or nonprofits all a plus
- Experience working with printers, graphic design, publishing a plus.
St. Louis River Alliance Mission:
As the Voice for the River, the St. Louis River Alliance strives to protect, restore, and enhance the environmental health and economic value of the river.The St. Louis River Alliance envisions our community members working together to create a thriving economy that utilizes the river and keeps the water safe for swimming, fishing and boating.